We will comply with data protection law, which means that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
Information Collection and Use
When you visit the Web Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Web Site, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Web Site, and information about how you interact with the Web Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as "Device Information." For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name and email. All the information we collect through your visit of the Web Site, including your Log Data, will be refer to in this statement as "Personal Information".
Cookies are files with small amount of data that are commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer's hard drive. Our website uses these "cookies" to collect information and to improve our Service.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
Using your personal information
We use your Personal Information to:
- Communicate with you, and to provide you with information or advertising relating to our services and offers;
- Track the success of our campaigns or the traffic associated with different pages: this allows us to identify which tools are most used to guide our future investments in the Web Site; and
- Customize the Web Site content based on your Personal Information, more specifically we may use your preferences for language and region of display to influence the spelling of words and the products displayed.
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with Google Analytics to help us use that Information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Web Site.
You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may also share your Personal Information with our parent company LMPG Inc., based in Longueuil, Quebec , Canada for the purposes of the data storage and backing up of our IT systems.
This transfer of your Personal Information is based on the European Commission's Decision of Adequacy of 20 December 2001 on the adequacy of the data protection safeguards under Canadian Federal law applicable to Canadian commercial organizations (such as LMPG Inc.), published in the Official Journal of the European Communities (https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX%3A32002D0002).
LMPG Inc. shall only use your Personal Information for the purposes of hosting backup files and will not further process or take decisions based on the transferred Personal Information unless in accordance with our express instructions and on the basis that we set out under our "Key Information: Processing your Personal Data" section of this document.
Any transfers of your Personal Information shall be safe and secure, using encrypted email or via our secure platform and servers.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter the Web Site data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Your rights in relation to your Personal Information
In addition to the information provided to you within, and in accordance with, this document, you also have the following rights in relation to your Personal Information:
Right of Access
- You may request access to your Personal Information, which we hold or process, by making a "data subject access request".
- Your request should be made in writing, to [email protected].
- If you request access to a large amount of information, we may ask you to more clearly specify the information to which your request relates.
- We shall provide you with access to the requested information unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or if it adversely affects the rights of someone else.
- Right to Correction
- You may require us to correct any inaccurate Personal Information, or complete any incomplete Personal Information, that we hold about you.
- You should request any such correction in writing, to [email protected].
- Right to Erasure
- Also known as the right to be forgotten - You have the right to request the erasure of Personal Information if: a) it is no longer necessary for us to hold it for the purpose it is or was intended; or b) if you withdraw previously given consent; and (in both cases) we do not have any other legal justification for holding that information.
- You should request any such erasure in writing, to [email protected].
- Right to Object
- You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information based on legitimate interests; or the performance of a task in the public interest; or for the purposes of statistics.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, if relevant.
- Your objection must be made on grounds relating to your particular situation.
- Your objection must be made in writing, to [email protected].
- If these conditions are met, we shall stop processing that Personal Information, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which justify its continued processing; or unless the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to make a complaint
If you believe that we have breached your data protection rights, we encourage you to raise a formal grievance under our grievance procedure or to the governing authorities.
Destruction of your Personal Information
We shall retain your Personal Information for a period of 13 months following your visit of the Web Site, or any other period provided in Google Analytics terms and conditions.